Eating in season, fresh produce means you’ll be getting the best possible nutrition from your food! And at The Glowcery we believe it’s important to feed your skin as well as your body the vitamins, nutrients and minerals it needs to look and feel, healthy, balanced and glowing.
From nutritious Figs, juicy Elderberries and robust Brussel sprouts here's what the month of October has to offer.
- Found in Cranberries and Elderberries
- Damage and irritation to the skin can be caused by free radicals (tiny molecules found in UV light, and air pollution), this damage can lead to acne breakouts, and dark marks. Antioxidants protect our skin against free radicals. Remember this next time you’re making your breakfast smoothie, add more berries!
- Found in Figs
- Prebiotics act as food for the good bacteria in your digestive system. Gut health is linked to many things, including the health of your skin! Eating prebiotic foods helps to flush out toxins, repair a damaged skin barrier while balancing skin sensitivity.
- Found in quince pears
- Damage and irritation to the skin can be caused by free radicals (tiny molecules found in UV light, and air pollution), this damage can lead to redness, acne breakouts, and dark marks. Vitamin C neutralises free radicals; protecting our skin from damage. Vitamin C also boost collagen production within the skin. Collagen is a protein that keeps skin looking firm, smooth and hydrated.
- Found in Chestnuts
- Anti-inflammatory compounds help to reduce irritation, calm redness and soothe breakouts leaving skin feeling happy, comfortable and moisturised.
Written by Roshanne Dorsett The Glowcery Founder