It's the best time of year Veganuary! Why not use this time to try a variety of fruits and vegetables? Especially in-season fresh produce, you’ll be getting the best possible nutrition from your food! And at The Glowcery we believe healthy skin starts from within
From nutritious Carrots, juicy Blood Oranges and robust Parsnips here's what the month of January has to offer 👇🏾
🍎 VITAMIN C
- Found in Blood Oranges and Apples
- Damage and irritation to the skin can be caused by free radicals (tiny molecules found in UV light, and air pollution), this damage can lead to redness, acne breakouts, and dark marks. Vitamin C neutralises free radicals; protecting our skin from damage. Vitamin C also boost collagen production within the skin. Collagen is a protein that keeps skin looking firm, smooth and hydrated.
- Found in Kiwis and Leeks
- Fibrous fruits and veg are great for digestion they help your body flush out waste and toxins. They also improve blood circulation sending supplies of oxygen around that body. The result? Healthy glowing skin.
- Found in Pears
- Anti-inflammatory compounds help to reduce irritation, calm redness and soothe breakouts leaving skin feeling happy, comfortable and moisturised.
- Found in Carrots
- Beta carotene is a potent antioxidant that protects our skin against premature skin damage caused by free radicals caused by environmental stressors such as pollution, UV rays and daily impurities. Remember this next time you’re juicing or making dinner add some carrots!
Written by Roshanne Dorsett The Glowcery Founder