It's the best time of year for vegans, as the month of January is also known as Veganuary. Veganuary is a month dedicated to all things plant-based, from food, fashion to lifestyle choices, many people from all over the world (according to The Vegan Society more than 639,000) choose to try out what life is like on the green side. This time four years ago, was actually when I decided to go vegan!
From nutritious Carrots, juicy pears and robust squash here's what the month of January has to offer 👇🏾
- Found in Apples
- Damage and irritation to the skin can be caused by free radicals (tiny molecules found in UV light, and air pollution), this damage can lead to redness, acne breakouts, and dark marks. Vitamin C neutralises free radicals; protecting our skin from damage. Vitamin C also boost collagen production within the skin. Collagen is a protein that keeps skin looking firm, smooth and hydrated.
- Found in Beetroot and Leeks
- Fibrous fruits and veg are great for digestion they help your body flush out waste and toxins. They also improve blood circulation sending supplies of oxygen around that body. The result? Healthy glowing skin.
- Found in Pears
- Anti-inflammatory compounds help to reduce irritation, calm redness and soothe breakouts leaving skin feeling happy, comfortable and moisturised.
- Found in Carrots and Squash
- Beta carotene is a potent antioxidant that protects our skin against premature skin damage caused by free radicals caused by environmental stressors such as pollution, UV rays and daily impurities. Remember this next time you’re juicing or making dinner add some carrots!
Want to feed your skin nutritious products? Head to The Glowcery's superfood aisles.